Sunday, November 23, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Dotted Pencil Skirt and Boots

Shirt: Sweet Salt Boutique Classic Ultimate Scoop Tee
Skirt: ThredUp (LOFT)
Boots: JustFab Sayana

Well we had a much easier morning this morning than last Sunday. My outfit came together without having to try on anything more than once, and I had no problem styling something to go with the style prompt from the Style Me November Style Challenge. (The prompt was "Boots Made For Walking")

I've had a hard time in the past finding a pair of black tall boots I was happy with. I have about 50 billion (number estimated) pairs of brown boots, but black boots that I like have always been harder to come by. I bought and sent back at least 3 pairs from JustFab for various reasons (too tall, too pointy, too narrow) before I found these. I like the detailing on them and the wide shorter heel. Downside: they aren't the most comfortable things ever, but I'm guessing I can put an insole in them to make them better. Regardless, I liked the way they look and I thought they went well with the outfit.

I think boots and pencil skirts is a fairly classic look, and I love adding some fun tights to the mix. The rule I follow for boots and skirts is that there should be some leg showing, even if it's just a bit, especially if you are wearing tights. They add to the look so they should be seen!

This fantastic LOFT skirt was another ThredUp find (did you have any doubt?)! I love the black on white dots and the cute bow detailing. It did most of the styling for me so I didn't have to add much. Just a simple tee, cardigan, and statement necklace! Such a classy look without much effort. That's my kind of style.

If you've never shopped with ThredUp before, use my link and get $10 off your first purchase. I also have a couple of 30% off coupons for first time shoppers. Just let me know, and I'll send them out!

If you're interested in shopping with JustFab, use my link and get 20% off your first order. They are having a sale on their fuzzy boots (Ugg-like). They are $19.95 a pair if you order a full price item. Standard disclaimer: they are a shoe club, so be sure to read the terms and conditions about monthly charges and skipping.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment