Tuesday, April 14, 2015

All Dress April - Week 1 and 2

I said I was going to post weekly #AllDressApril updates for those not on Instagram, and here it is, the end of week 2 and I have already failed. So this update is going to be a large post, but at least it has lots of pretty pictures! We'll jump right in!

Day 1:
Dress: ModCloth Give It Your Best Guest Dress in Kitchen
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Magenta
Shoes: ThredUp (Miz Mooz)

Decided to kick it off with a dress I'd been dying to wear (although that's the case with most of these) in this adorable novelty print from my new favorite designer Emily and Fin. Also, take note you'll be seeing this hairstyle a lot. It's easier to hide the fact I rock the same hair most days when I'm not taking pictures of myself daily.

Day 2:
Skirt: eShakti Belted Cotton Print Skirt
Top: LOFT Linen Tee
Shoes: ModCloth Weaving in and Out Wedge in Cognac
Scarf: Walmart

I'm really trying to focus on wearing things I've never worn before. I bought this eShakti skirt while I was still pregnant and never got around to wearing it. That is entirely too long to wait to wear a skirt this cute!

Day 3:
Dress: ModCloth Ride Here, Ride Now Dress in Blue
Cardigan: ModCloth Dream of the Crop Cardigan in Honey
Tights: Target
Boots: Soda Brand

Some fun, subtle print mixing and playing around with color.

Day 4:
Dress: Purchased on PoshMark
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Red
Shoes: Keds Champion in Bubble Dot

Casual enough for a trip to the park, but the red lip keeps it from looking too juvenile.

Day 5:
Dress: ModCloth Garden Tour Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Sage
Shoes: ThredUp (Qupid), Similar to ModCloth Dynamic Debut Heel

This was my Easter dress. Florals are a practically a necessity, but I love that this one isn't in a typical color scheme.

Day 6:
Top: Ross (Pink Rose)
Skirt: ModCloth Musee Matisse Skirt in Cocoa
Scarf: Walmart
Shoes: B.O.C.

This wasn't my favorite look. This skirt was much harder to style than originally anticipated. The outfit is a bit too one color for me, which is why I added the mustard scarf. At least the skirt was breezy since it was hot outside.

Day 7:
Dress: eShakti Pineapple Print A-line Shirtdress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Magenta
Shoes: ModCloth The Best of Times Heel in Black

Pineapples with hearts? Yes, please. The easy nursing access was a definite plus.

Day 8:
Dress: ModCloth Sunny Days Dress (Still available on Folter's website)
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Red
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Sailor

This is my favorite outfit so far because ANIMALS WEARING SUNGLASSES! Deal with it. Folter/Retrolicious is another one of my current favorite brands. They have some of THE BEST prints! My Easter dress was also by Folter.

Day 9:
Dress: eShakti Arbor Melange Knit Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Birdlandia Cardigan in Blue
Shoes: Bamboo

This was the first dress that I'd worn previously, but I hadn't worn it in over a year and a half. It's actually the dress that I announced my pregnancy with. It's a shame to let this comfortable dress sit in a closet. The shoes were a bit impractical but I couldn't resist how well they matched the cardigan.

Day 10:
Dress: ModCloth Artisan Iced Tea Dress in Blueberry
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Jade
Boots: JustFab Zion

I had heard tales of how magical this dress was, and I'm here to tell you that the legends are true. It is one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever worn. The only downside is it's super short. The lace overlay isn't super short, but the lining is, so leggings are a must.

Day 11:
Dress: eShakti Colorblock Stripe Poplin Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Sage
Shoes: ShoeDazzle

I wore this to my sister's JROTC drill competition so camo was perfect for the occasion! I worked the rest of the outfit around the shoes.

Day 12:
Dress: Effie's Heart Marion Dress in Versaillas
Shoes: ModCloth The Best of Times Heel in Black

Another super comfortable dress. Anything from Effie's Heart is like wearing publicly acceptable pajamas. The headband is actually the original sash that came with the dress. I just decided it would be better suited tied around my head.

Day 13:
Dress: ModCloth Sprinkled Splendor Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Rust
Shoes: ModCloth Party All The Timeless Heel in Mustard

Yet another super comfy dress. Are you seeing a pattern?

Day 14:
Dress: ModCloth Day After Day in Bluebird
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Orchid
Shoes: ModCloth Cottage Wedding Wedge

Another Emily and Fin number in my favorite dress cut, the Day After Day style. I have two other dresses in this style. I bought this from someone in an Emily and Fin BST group and the minute I received it, I put it on and kept it on. As far as the shoes go, I was planning on swapping them because they weren't 100% my style but I tried them on and decided that I really liked them. I'm glad I kept them around!

Well that was quite the undertaking to compile 2 weeks worth of outfits. I think I'll save myself a lot of energy if I just proactively do the weekly wrap ups. So *hopefully* there will be another one next Tuesday. Fingers crossed! If you'd like to follow along on Instagram, my handle is shopwithbeth!

Happy Shopping!

7 comments:

  1. I love your style! You're like a walking advertisement for ModCloth and eShakti, but you definitely make their pieces your own. I have a lot of respect for bloggers with a creative eye for styling garments, mixing colors and patterns, and accessorizing in quirky, memorable ways. You're very successful at that, and your outfits always make an impression. Plus, I drool over those shoes in your first outfit every time you wear them on Instagram. Every. Time. Love!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much coming from you, lady! I admire your style so much! Thank you! And now I'm embarrassed how behind I am on my blogging. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, sorry! My keyboard broke and things got a bit busy with my toddler. I've been meaning to get back to it. Not sure if you have IG but I still post almost daily on there.

      Delete
    2. Yes, sorry! My keyboard broke and things got a bit busy with my toddler. I've been meaning to get back to it. Not sure if you have IG but I still post almost daily on there.

      Delete
  3. nice shoes and dress. looks great. We have a great collection of African fabrics. Visit us hope you guys love them.
    Sequin Fabrics

    ReplyDelete