Sunday, March 22, 2015

What I Wore To Church - Hello Spring!

Dress: eShakti Floral Print Mixed Media Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Sage
Shoes: ThredUp (Miz Mooz)

Well hello, Spring! It's so nice to see you again. Of course I had to celebrate by wearing florals. I mean I really wear florals year round, but it's always nice to wear the bright colors in season.

I got this fabulous dress from eShakti's overstock section for an absolute steal. I can't believe someone would return it, but their loss is my gain. It's so gosh darn pretty! And wouldn't you know it's twirly too. I have a sad confession to make. Every time I wear something with a twirly skirt, I spend about 10 minutes of my picture taking time trying to get a cute picture of my twirling in the skirt. Have you ever seen me post one in the almost 2 years of blogging? Maybe once. That's because they always turn out embarrassingly terrible. Well today, I decided that even though they were bad, I was going to show you them anyway because I think it's important for people to know. I'm not as photogenic as it appears and I'd make a terrible model. So here they are.
OK. OK. So they aren't the worst things ever. But they certainly aren't what you'd see in a magazine or those adorable girls that post their twirl pictures in the modcloth style gallery. Oh well.

eShakti is doing 30% off site wide right now so as always it's worth a look.

Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. Getting a good twirl pic is HARD, girl! Don't be so hard on yourself. Whenever I want a twirl shot, I turn back and forth a billion times as I hit the button on my shutter remote so I can possibly capture at least ONE decent one where I don't look like a crazed lunatic or like I've been caught by surprise. My feet/legs always look odd! But sometimes there's ONE haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good tip! I've been taking pictures with my phone on a timer so I don't have a shutter remote, but that's likely my next investment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this look on you. Getting a good twirl photo is difficult, like SaraLily said. Does a shutter remote work with a camera phone? It sounds like SLR territory, which is where I am headed. To the Google Machine!

    ReplyDelete