Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Introducing All Dress April


As I mentioned last week in my swapping post, I have almost completely flipped my dresses and skirts collection in the last couple on months through swapping. Because of that I have a ton (like an embarrassing amount) of dresses and skirts that have never been worn. At my current rate of dress wearing (only on Sundays) it'll take more than a year to wear all of my dresses, and that's if I don't buy/swap for any more!

As a solution, I've decided to host my own Instagram style challenge for April. I know in the past I've really enjoyed doing IG style challenges so I guess it was only a matter of time before I hosted my own. It's probably the simplest style challenge you could ever participate in. I'm calling it all dress April and the challenge is to wear a dress (or skirt) every day in April. 

It's going to be a pretty big change for me since there are many days I don't get out of my yoga pants, but that's why it's a challenge. I'm going to have to get used to being ok with going to everyday places in a dress, but I think it's going to be fun. I also have the added hurdle that I'm still nursing, so I'll be focusing on outfits that give me easy access to that. No one wants to spend time nursing with a dress over their head.  

If you want to participate, it's simple. Just post your dress on IG (it doesn't have to be a fancy picture. Most of my pics will likely be mirror selfies) and use the hashtag #AllDressApril. You don't have to wear a different dress every day. I know not everyone has a closet full of them. If you want to tag me so I can help cheer you on, you can but it's not necessary. I'm not going to judge you if you can only participate sporadically, or even if it's just on the weekends. I want to see your pretty dresses! I'll be doing a weekly recap Tuesdays here on the blog if you're not an IG user. 

I was so happy when I proposed All Dress April in my swap group there seemed to be quite a few other ladies who were excited to join in so I certainly won't be alone! I'm super excited for April to start!

If you don't already follow me on instagram, my username is shopwithbeth

Happy Dress Wearing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment