Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Having Fun With Accessories

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA
Shirt: Express
Cardigan: Tilly's Essential Elbow Sleeve Cardigan
Capris: American Eagle Artist Crop Jean
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Harmonize
Scarf: Tilly's

I'm always hesitant to wear scarves. As my sister likes to say "my neck feels overdressed." I've been told I feel the same way about scarves as some women feel about heels. They just don't feel comfortable in them. The advice I always give is "rock them like you're the most confident person ever, and no one will know the difference". They've told me the same thing about scarves. It's all about confidence, so here I go. Branching out into scarves with my most confident face on. Did it work? Did I fool you? Either way, I'm in love with this scarf. It's a nice summer infinity scarf that I got from Tilly's when they were having one of their MONDO clearance sales. It cost me all of $2. It's got cute little polka dot and lace detailing and it's really soft. So whether or not I make it work, I'm loving it.

I was also pretty hesitant about the shoes. They'd been sitting in ShoeDazzle's clearance section for months calling to me, but the reviews were all over the place with comfort and the husband's not a fan of wedges. The last time they gave away their free $10 credits, I finally splurged (a whole $5). I went up 1/2 a size to compensate for the bad reviews and they are a tad big. But gosh darn it are they cute! And to my shock, husband said "they're not bad for wedges." So success all around!

I guess I need to start taking more risks with my accessories. How many cute outfits have I missed out on because I was too scared to try something new? I encourage you to do the same! It's so much fun to pay around with new looks. Be brave, my friends! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment