Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I Wore to Church - Anchor Print Dress and Mustard Mary Janes

Anchor Dress 1Mustard shoesAnchor Dress 2

Dress: eShakti Retro Anchor Print Shirtdress
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Malese

What can I say about this dress? I absolutely love it! It's super soft corduroy (Yes, corduroy!). It has an adorable anchor print that is right in line with the current nautical trend. It's warm, which is perfect since it's been cooling down around here finally. It fits like a dream, and like most eShakti dresses it has POCKETS!   This is seriously the most perfect dress I've ever worn. I fell in love when I found it on the website, and knew I had to have it.  It was a bit pricey, but between various coupons/giftcards and taking advantage of the buy 2 get 20% off deal they had over Columbus day, I got it down to a reasonable price. That's why I always encourage people to sign up for eShakti despite what appears to be higher price-ranges. There are ALWAYS opportunities for coupons. Each time you receive an item, there is a delivery survey to fill out. Once you fill it out, BAM: $10 coupon. Occasionally they send out surveys to fill out and occasionally they give coupons with those. Sometimes they give coupons just because. Not to mention the awesome sales they frequently have, as well as the overstock section. There is always an opportunity to get these adorable dresses for way less than full price.

Now onto the shoes. These were another pair from the heyday of ShoeDazzle. Back when this was considered pretty tall for them instead of the 2-3 inch platforms they have now. I so wish they would figure out that there is still a market for shoes like this. I absolutely adore these shoes and am so glad I snagged them when I could. I thought the mustard paired perfectly with the yellow anchors in the print, and brought a nice fall feel to the outfit. And who doesn't love mary janes? I'm such a sucker for them. I'll share a heel wearing tip with those of you that don't wear heels because you think you won't be able to walk in them. Start with a mary jane. The strap (or in this case, straps) hold your foot in so all you have to worry about is balance. Without the strap, you may also have to worry about keeping your foot in the shoe, especially if the shoe doesn't fit quite right, and the result can look like a baby giraffe learning to walk. Not an attractive look.

The referral program for eShakti is still going strong so if you'd like to try them out, use code ELIZABETH92SP for $30 off. If you're in love with the corduroy anchor print, but maybe not the design of the dress, check out the Peter Pan Collar Anchor Print Dress or the Colorblock Collar Anchor Print Dress. Both are equally adorable.

If you would like to sign up for ShoeDazzle, just to peek around in hopes they might get better (or who knows, maybe you'll find something you actually like), use this link. If you sign up for their new VIP Elite program which is the same subscription model as JustFab (and the same as it was previously with ShoeDazzle), you get 50% off your first pair. Just make sure you read the terms and conditions prior.

Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

  1. […] were pretty easy choices, but then I decided it needed more color. As you may have seen from my sailor print dress post, I love pairing mustard and navy together. When it was time to start looking for a belt, I found […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] #7 What I Wore To Church – Anchor Print Dress and Mustard Mary Janes […]

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] in mustard. You may already know my obsession with the navy and mustard pairing, as can be seen here, here, here, and […]

    ReplyDelete