Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BIRCHBOX Review - May 2014

May Birchbox 1

I've come out of my new mom cocoon to do a BIRCHBOX review for you! Aren't you excited? I know I am.

This month was actually better than the last couple of months. It doesn't look like much but what I got was pretty quality stuff. We'll start with the good.

May Birchbox 5

Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo (sample size)
Beauty Protector Protect & Condition (sample size)

I've already used the Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle and LOVED it, so I was excited to try out these. They smell absolutely amazing and with just the amount in the sample size (enough for about 3 washes), my hair is noticeably stronger and smoother.

May Birchbox 2

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil (sample size)

I'm usually pretty happy when I receive lip product samples (when they aren't bright red) because I have a bit of an addiction. I always have at least 2 tubes of something in my purse even if I rarely actually wear it. I was a little skeptical of this coral color because I didn't think it would look good with my fair skin, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice subtle color that adds just the right amount of oomph to my lips. It went on pretty smooth too.

There wasn't anything in this month box that I hated so we'll move onto the meh category.

May Birchbox 3

Supergoop! Everyday SPF 30 (sample size)

This wasn't a bad sunscreen, but it also didn't impress me anymore than my current everyday moisturizer (Neutrogena's Daily Defense SPF 50). My biggest complaint was that the instructions said to use a shot glass sized amount. I'm not sure if you can tell how big the sample size is, but it wouldn't fill half a shot glass. It's a pretty big fail when you can't even follow the instructions with the given amount.

May Birchbox 4

32 Oral Care Effervescent Breath Crystals (2 packets)

These are literally Pop Rock breath mints. Sounds cool (pun intended), right? So why the meh rating? Because the "long lasting fresh breath" isn't so long lasting. I tried the spearmint flavor and the flavor faded less than 2 minutes after they dissolved. Nothing to get excited about. It was kind of fun though.

The last thing I'm going to post about is that I've been added to BIRCHBOX'S "Aces" VIP program. From what I gather, it means I get free shipping on ALL orders, one-on-one consultation to find the perfect products for me (don't think I'll use that perk too often), exclusive early access to product launches and special offers, an anniversary present when I hit one year in the program, and other "surprises".

May Birchbox 6

This was my first "surprise" as part of the program. It was a nice gesture, although I don't think it'll get much use. It's about the size of a billfold and the zipper sticks when trying to close it, but hey, it was free and they didn't have to send it to me. No complaints here. Keep the surprises coming.

If you're interested in signing up for BIRCHBOX, use my link. The points program is still my favorite part of BIRCHBOX and every referral is appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't received my BB yet this month, but hoping I get a few items I'll like.

    Awesome that you made their VIP list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boo! That seems like a long time to wait. Have you peeked at your box yet online or do you want to be surprised? I usually can't help but peek. And yes! I was super surprised when I got the email saying I was a VIP. It made me feel special! I guess I should do a better job of keeping up with my reviews now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] you read my BIRCHBOX review, you’d see that I rated the sunscreen sample I got from them a “meh”. That stuff […]

    ReplyDelete