Wednesday, May 7, 2014

ipsy Review - April 2014

April ipsy 1

It's been a lazy couple of months when it came to my ipsy and BIRCHBOX reviews. But in light of the fact that I won't feel like posting outfit posts for awhile, this may be a good time to start doing them again. So, returning to my usual format of the good, the bad, and the meh, we'll start with the good.

April ipsy 6


I was SOOOO excited to find out I was getting one of these in my bag this month.  This is one of my favorite eye-liners! It goes on so smooth and lasts all day without smudging. I was disappointed it was only "travel size" but I was happy to get it nonetheless.

April ipsy 5


Another item I was super excited to get. I've been waiting a few months for this to show up in my bag. It's a great neutral color and it goes on smooth. It's also great that it's full size. It's worth more than the cost of the bag ($19).

April ipsy 2


I know in the past I've usually relegated eye shadow to the "meh" category, but I've been getting more into simple eye shadow lately. Nothing crazy. No neon or bright colors, but neutrals go a long way in highlighting the eyes. This was the perfect neutral for my eyes. This shadow is also worth more than the cost of the bag ($13).

Now that we've covered the good, we'll move onto the bad:

April ipsy 4


Every time I see a St. Tropez item in my bag, I roll my eyes a bit. I don't do self-tanners. I always end up looking streaky and orangey (totally a word). Also, I kind of like my pale skin. I've accepted it as is. I certainly wasn't going to try this one on just my face and risk having my face be a different color than the rest of my body. That may be dismissive of me, and I usually like to try everything in my bag, but this one won't be getting used. I'm sure I can find someone to give it to. Did I mention it has a shimmer to it? If I can help it, I try not to shimmer.

Lastly we have the meh:

April ipsy 3


Why is this in the meh category? Since I don't wear foundation, I don't really need primer. I also don't particularly have a problem with face shine so the "mattifying" isn't necessary either. I'm sure it's a great product. Just not necessary in my beauty routine.

Overall, this was a great bag this month. Definitely worth the $10.

If you're interested in joining ipsy, please use my link here. I've been told if you use a referral link, you get off the waiting list sooner.

Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

1 comment:

  1. I love that there is so much information on skincare/healthcare on websites like this! Great aritcle, really worth the read! I'm always looking for skincare sites and anti-aging blogs with info I can learn from

    ReplyDelete