Sunday, November 24, 2013

What I Wore To Church: Getting in on the Plaid Trend

plaid skirt 2plaid skirt 3plaid skirt 1

Shirt: H&M Basic Top
Cardigan: Tilly's Essential Elbow Sleeve Cardigan
Skirt: Cato's
Boots: JustFab Wilma

If you haven't noticed plaid is big this season (is there ever a fall where it isn't big?), and I absolutely love it. I'd been eyeing a couple of the skirts on eShakti to see which ones I could make work over the bump, and then I realized I had this skirt in my closet from a sale at Cato's years ago. I was skeptical that it would fit over my belly, but surprise! It did. I'm really trying hard to use what's already in my closet instead of buying all new maternity clothes. Not only because it saves me money, but also because then I know I can continue to wear these once the baby is born. Almost any a-line skirt can be worn over the belly instead of under during the first few months of pregnancy, at least while the high-waisted skirt trend is still a thing.

As you can see, I threw some mustard in there for the pop of color. I just can't get enough! I'm definitely trying to stock up while stores have it readily available. It's just such a great color for standing out, and it looks good on almost everyone. I paired it with my navy cardigan (that I've spoken of many times before) to tone it down a tad. Since the sleeves on the cardigan were shorter than the sleeves on the shirt, I rolled them and created a contrast cuff, which I think turned out pretty dang cute.

I finished off the outfit with these grey JustFab boots, both because I liked the way they looked, and because it was a bit chilly today, and they are faux fur lined on the inside. My legs were toasty warm. I also could have paired this with my mustard mary janes or any navy heels if it were a bit warmer outside.

I was kind of proud of myself when I pulled this look together this morning. It turned out better than I thought it would. It definitely makes me want to go out and buy another plaid skirt, because it's so much fun to play with. Maybe I'll find something in a hunter green. I'll definitely be on the lookout.

Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. […] You may already know my obsession with the navy and mustard pairing, as can be seen here, here, here, and […]

    ReplyDelete