Sunday, December 1, 2013

Weekend in Florida - Playing with Prints and Colors

I spent the weekend down in Florida celebrating Thanksgiving and attending my niece's baptism. Due to travelling, I didn't go to church, but never fear! I still got a few cute outfits in.

We'll start with my travelling outfit.

leopard printJeans: Old Navy Maternity
Shirt: Gap Maternity
Sweater: American Eagle
Scarf: Modadorn Leopard Print Infinity Scarf
Shoes: b.o.c. Xia

I thought this was a simple, comfortable, yet cute outfit for the drive. I've been playing around more with leopard, and this was a fun way to incorporate it without overpowering the outfit. I got the scarf as a secret santa gift from a friend and absolutely love it! It's soft and warm, while adding that fun detailing to an otherwise plain outfit. I thought the matching flats pulled the outfit together nicely.
Baptism outfit
Dress: Modcloth Fashionable Flock Dress
Cardigan: Old Navy Crew-Neck Cardi (no longer available in red)
Boots: JustFab Wilma

I guess there's no hiding the baby bump now. This was the outfit I wore to the baptism. I enjoy pairing blue and red without making it look overly patriotic (unless that's what you're going for), and I felt the black cami, black tights, and grey boots (that you've now seen me wear 2 weeks in a row) helped in that aspect.  I've mentioned before, I love bird print, and here's just another example. I bought the dress a couple years ago and absolutely adore it. I can never have enough birds on my clothing.

Airplane MuseumBeach

Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School CardiganShirt: Motherhood Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Boots: JustFab Nabila

I know you were waiting for navy and mustard to make an appearance since it seems to be my current favorite color combo. I try not to disappoint. I wore this outfit while running around and sight seeing. We went to the Naval Aviation Museum, to the Pensacola Lighthouse, and to the beach. While we were at the museum, we also took family pictures, so I wanted to make sure the outfit was comfortable, but also cute. I convinced quite a few family members to wear mustard in some form for the pictures, and I thought they turned out pretty good. It's such a great color to make pictures pop.

As you can see, I'm definitely embracing the maternity clothing more, but any of these outfits can be recreated with items you probably already have in your closet. I'm trying to only buy closet basics in maternity (with one or two fun pieces) and dress them up with accessories, fun sweaters, and of course shoes. Hopefully it'll save me a bit of money while still letting me keep my fun style. We'll see if I can keep it up.

Surprisingly I created all these outfits without anything from eShakti, but I have a feeling they will be making an appearance next week. Until then, Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. […] I have another dress from eShakti to feature today. I got this one a couple weeks ago, but was waiting to wear it because I had a specific pairing in mind, but didn’t have all the pieces yet. When I bought it, I had the idea that I wanted to try out the bright tights trend. With the dark colors and classic shape of the dress, it was perfect to let the tights take center stage. The tights were easier to find than I thought they would be. I was pleased that they weren’t that expensive either. Props to Target! They had a very large selection of colors, and I was so happy to find them in mustard. You may already know my obsession with the navy and mustard pairing, as can be seen here, here, here, and here. […]

    ReplyDelete