Sunday, March 30, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Yellow Polka Dots


Dress: eShakti Eternal Sunshine Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Sage
Shoes: H&M

You know the phrase "Fake it till you make it"? That's totally what I was doing today. I'm definitely to the uncomfortable and exhausted part of my pregnancy, so I decided to wear the sunshine-iest (totally a word) dress I had to cheer me up. I'm telling you it works. You can't frown while wearing a yellow polka dot dress. You just can't.

This dress is actually the dress that started the addiction. This was my first eShakti purchase EVER. And it's fantastic. It's super flowy (I almost had a few "Marilyn Monroe" moments in the wind today), and cheery, and I love the cowl neck detail. The name (Eternal Sunshine Dress) is quite appropriate for the amount of brightness this dress brings. Kyle told me it made my huge tummy look like a beach ball, but I loved the effect.

The last time I wore this dress (pre-blog) I paired it with navy, and it looked pretty good, but in the spirit of spring, I channeled my inner daffodil and paired it with my sage cardigan from ModCloth. I seriously would have no styling options without my ModCloth cardigans. They are all amazing, but this is definitely one of my favorites. You would be surprised how many colors you can pair sage with.

I kept the rest of the accessories simple to let the dress do the talking, and I liked the way it turned out.

Closing note: I was really tempted to title this blog post some play on Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Spotted Mind? Polka Dotted Mind?) but decided against it. I absolutely love puns, but I couldn't come up with one I was happy with. So, I'm tasking you to help keep the cheer going and give me your best suggestions!

Happy punning! And Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

PS. eShakti has a 30% off sale going on for the next 2 days that you should absolutely check out. If you create an account you get $25 off your first order and your first customization is free!

If you've never shopped with ModCloth before, use this link and get $15 off your first order of $50 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment