Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Everyday Maternity Style - Plaid and Sneakers


Plaid and chucks 1Plaid and chucks 2
 Plaid and chucks 3Plaid and chucks 4


Shirt: H&M Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity Full Panel Skinny Jeans
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Orchid
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylors in Carnival PinkEarrings: OneLittleBelt Etsy Shop

Surprise! It's not Sunday, and here's a post. Since I actually decided to put on real clothes today, I figured I'd do a post for what I wear as my casual style (but not my super casual style of yoga pants and t-shirts). It really is getting harder and harder to get dressed every day.  Even a lot of my maternity clothes are no longer fitting over my belly. The thing is huge, for serious. But I've found that disguising it with patterns works pretty well to minimize its size. However, I've also found that shirts that are too busy tend to make me look wider. A cardigan easily tones that down and gives me back some shape. Seriously, what would I do without my cardigans?

Other than that, the outfit is pretty self-explanatory. I cuffed the jeans to make them feel more springy and paired them with bright sneakers for more color pop. Overall, the outfit is pretty colorful but it goes back to trying to force myself into a good mood. I think it worked.

The last thing I want to tell you about is these amazing earrings. One of my favorite fashion blogs is "One Little Momma" and she has an etsy shop called "One Little Belt" where she sells handmade kids' belts and leather jewelry. These earrings are so incredibly lightweight. They look like metal, but since they are leather, they weigh close to nothing.  I almost forget I'm wearing them. So if you're looking for something fun to accesorize with, I would highly recommend a couple pairs of these. They come in fun colors and you can get them in a 2" drop (like these) or if you're bolder, a 3" drop.

I hope your week is going well so far. Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment