Sunday, April 13, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Chambray Dress Remixed


Dress: eShakti Sash Waist Chambray Dress
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Shaira (no longer available)
Jewelry: Monica's Fantabulous Fashions

Why yes, I am still pregnant. Thanks for noticing. While my due date isn't for another 9 days, I'm definitely in the impatient part of my pregnancy. It doesn't help that at my OB appointment Thursday before last, my doctor told me I was already dilating. I know that doesn't mean much, but it certainly got my hopes up. I feel like my life has become a seemingly never ending waiting game. I almost didn't go to church today, but somehow I managed to drag myself out of bed.

I was debating what to wear today, and actually had worked my outfit around a pair of shoes I received this week. I guess I should've actually tried the shoes on before I worked an outfit around it because my feet were too swollen for them. So just imagine this outfit with a cute pair of red wedges instead of the black ones I ended up wearing.

And yes, you may recognize this dress from a couple of weeks ago. I talked about how I loved the versatility of chambray, and this is just another way to style it. I went simpler this time, letting the accessories do the talking. It's definitely a good staple piece in my wardrobe. The styling possibilities are endless. It helps that I customized it to add a bit of room in the waist so it fits quite comfortably as a maternity dress.

I'm hoping that there won't be an outfit post up next week because I've had a baby, but we'll see. You may get one or two more weeks out of me before I go on maternity leave from the blog. I've got other posts lined up, and my sister is going to be helping out during the hiatus so Shop With Beth will continue to run. There may even be some big changes coming to the blog in the near future. We'll have to see. In the mean time, thanks for reading!

Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

8 comments:

  1. Where did you get the belt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt was attached to a dress I bought at ModCloth a couple years ago, but you can find a similar one here: http://www.target.com/p/merona-skinny-belt-red/-/A-14143777#prodSlot=medium_1_3 or http://www.amazon.com/Solid-Leather-Adjustable-Skinny-Medium/dp/B0052T0YNC/ref=sr_1_2?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1397475487&sr=1-2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or if you're looking for a stretchy red belt, there's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Narrow-Skinny-Elastic-Leather/dp/B00EW0R60Q/ref=sr_1_82?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1397479491&sr=1-82

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Ok I too am preggers and I have bought from eshakti before as well. So tell me how you went about ordering for maternity wear? Did you do a custom size with more room in the waist? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay i found the earlier post! thanks... do you still recommend sizing the way you did? I noticed you mentioned that it didn't fit for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends on when you want it to fit. I designed this one to fit late in pregnancy, and I'm glad I did because at this point I'm running out of options. For dresses in the second and early third trimester, I just made sure to order dresses with full skirts, higher waists, and elastic back. So if you're looking for something to wear in that last trimester and want it to fit all the way to the end, I would highly suggest customizing to give some extra room in the waist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! Sometimes eShakti really kills it. This is one of those times. That dress looks lovely on you, and you look adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Amy!! It's definitely a great dress for when I don't want to put in a ton of effort, but want it to LOOK like I did. :)

    ReplyDelete