Sunday, February 9, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Chambray and Earth Tones


Dress: eShakti Sash Waist Chambray Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Rust
Shoes: Kelsi Dagger Tildia

Happy Sunday! I've been saving this dress for awhile. This is actually the dress that I got for free from eShakti months ago after winning one of their contests on facebook. I haven't worn it because I customized it specifically to my measurements, and this is the only dress I modified for maternity wear. I gave myself a lot of extra room in the waist. Until now, it was too much room, but I'm finally big enough to fill it out (I bet you never thought I'd be happy about being "big" enough for a dress). I also customized it to add sleeves, but the more I think about, the more I think I missed an opportunity with that one. I think in the sleeveless option, this would look super cute as a jumper with a collared shirt underneath it. I may end up taking the sleeves off eventually so I can do it. I like the way it looks with a cardigan, but I'm not a big fan of how it looks with sleeves. Oh, well. I can't complain about a free dress. Either way, I ALWAYS appreciate how customizable eShakti's dresses are. So many options for styling.

With all the great options from eShakti, you may wonder why I picked this as my winning dress. I love how many possibilities exist with chambray as a neutral. It's such a blank slate of a dress and can be styled into so many different looks! I'm going to have fun coming up with different combinations for this dress.

The cardigan is another one of ModCloth's Charter School Cardigans (do I sound like a broken record yet?). I did have a bit of trouble with this one because it fits smaller and shorter than every other color I own, but their customer service was AMAZING and worked me through an unexpectedly complicated exchange process. I cannot sing the praises of ModCloth's customer service enough. They really do go the extra mile to make sure their customers are happy.

The shoes were from a 6pm sale awhile ago, but this is the first time I've been happy pairing them with an outfit. I am such a sucker for the t-strap as well as the rich brown color.

I know there's been a lot of snow around the states these past couple of weeks, but the weather here today has been beautiful. I hope things are warming up where you are so you can be a little more flexible with your fashion choices (no one likes to wear heavy coats and snow boots every day)! Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

7 comments:

  1. When you customized it, did you add extra inches to the waist measurement? Do you think it turned out well compared to made for maternity dresses? I want to do the same but I am nervous I will hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added 3" to the waist measurement. I think it turned out pretty well although since the waist on this particular dress was a little lower, it did ride up a tad, but wasn't uncomfortable, and the belt covered it up. Honestly though, if you get the right dresses from them, you don't even need to customize. I look for the ones with higher waists and elastic smocking in the back. Most of the skirts on these dresses are full enough that no added waist measurement is needed and they still fit great over the belly. If you browse through my looks week to week, most of them are eShakti dresses and none of them are customized for maternity wear. They just fit as is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips. I have looked at your earlier posts over and over. The dresses look great on you. I am still nervous to buy. I feel like I have a hard time judging which dresses have a higher waist by the pictures. Also I have a smaller bust so I feel like the waist line always falls lower and I carry high so there isn't a lot of room for error. I wonder if it would be worth it to order a bunch of different dresses and plan to send back all the ones that don't work. This would give me a better idea of what shape works on my figure... at least until it changes again in 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so flattered that you've used my blog for help! It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to order a few different styles. The most important thing I can stress is the elastic smocking on the back! It's been a life saver! Either that, or the knit dresses that are naturally stretchy to begin with. Thanks again for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. […] yes, you may recognize this dress from a couple of weeks ago. I talked about how I loved the versatility of chambray, and this is just another way to style it. […]

    ReplyDelete