Sunday, February 23, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Is It Too Early For Florals?

 
 
 

Skirt: ModCloth Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt in Stem Green
Shirt: LOFT Maternity (passed down from my sister)
Cardigan: Tilly's Essential Elbow Sleeve Cardigan
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Cheetah

I thought the title of today's blog was an excellent question. How early is too early for florals? My answer: it's never too early for florals as long as the color of the florals can be paired with fall or winter colors, and the florals aren't the most prominent part of the outfit. I think the opposite is true as well. If you have a skirt in a color that is more of a fall or winter color, you can make it more spring-like if you add some fun, coordinating florals. A nice floral summer scarf would be a great touch.

I picked up the skirt at ModCloth recently. It comes in a couple of different colors and I'm tempted to pick up a few of the others,  especially if they ever put it out in mustard. It's a versatile skirt with lots of "swish" to it. It also has pockets and an elastic back waist. What more could I ask for?

Mostly, I'm just thankful for the warmer weather giving me some freedom on what I can wear. I'm going to be in trouble when it gets too warm for cardigans. I don't think I leave the house without one these days. Maybe I overuse them in my outfits, but they are just so simple to style. In my mind, you can't own too many. What do you think? Do you have a go-to piece of clothing that you wear with everything? My opinion is that if you find something that works for you, then work it!

Happy Shopping!

blog-signature


1 comment:

  1. […] the season mismatch, I love this skirt. The last time I wore it I was pretty pregnant, but that just tells you how comfortable this skirt is. It’s got an […]

    ReplyDelete