Sunday, July 13, 2014

What I Wore to Church - An Unusually Fall Outfit

Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Camel
Skirt: ModCloth Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt in Stem Green
Scarf: Zulily
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Omaira (from a couple years ago)

I'll be honest. I did not plan my outfit to look this "fall" and now that I see the pictures, I'm kinda kicking myself for not trying to work with different colors.  I was inspired by my sister's outfit last week. She looked so good in her scarf, and it made me want to plan an outfit with a scarf. I've had this cute summer scarf that I bought on Zulily for awhile now but I hadn't found anything to wear it with. It's so airy and light and I love the floral pattern. Also, I love infinity scarves because I'm too lazy to figure out how to wear the non-infinity ones.

Long story short, I tried on about 3 different combinations of skirts and cardigans and this is the one I liked the best. Now that I see the pictures, it definitely looks like a fall outfit. Oh well. I still thought it was cute. Just wrong season. Sigh. Well I guess I can't get it right every time.

Despite the season mismatch, I love this skirt. The last time I wore it I was pretty pregnant, but that just tells you how comfortable this skirt is. It's got an elastic back and pockets! I desperately want it in the mustard color, but it's been sold out of my size forever.

Should I talk again about the cardigan? I'll spare you. Hopefully by now you're well aware of my love for the Charter School cardigans and this is no exception.

Moral of the story, sometimes it's good to just dress in what feels good and ignore the rules.  In my world, fashion is about having fun and feeling confident. My world may not be the real world of fashion, but I'm ok being delusional.

blog-signature

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarf!

    Btw: didn't you love Emily's take on that black h&m dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! It paired quite well with her sneakers and fun tights.

    ReplyDelete