Sunday, June 22, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Chambray Skirt with Mint-ish

Chambray Skirt 1 Chambray Skirt 2 Chambray Skirt 3 Chambray Outfit shoes



ShirtLOFT (last season)
Skirt: eShakti Pintuck PleatChambray Skirt
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Jade
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Byrdie

Happy Summertime! Is that a thing people say? I'm saying it anyway. In honor of summertime, I decided to get a little matchy matchy and wear this awesome shade of minty green. It's not quite mint, but it's not a typical green. I'm sure someone will correct me on the actual shade according to the Pantone color wheel.

I don't normally wear the same color all over for 2 reasons. First, I have a hard time matching shades, and it's easier to wear complimentary colors rather than trying to match colors. Second, I think the styling of it is almost too easy (if you can get the colors right), and I usually like to get a little more creative. Obviously today I broke that rule.

I finally pulled out my non-maternity clothes in the closet and found this awesome linen shirt that I got last year from LOFT. I completely forgot I had it and immediately fell in love with it all over again. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to style my outfit around it.

The skirt was one I bought in the overstock section at eShakti last year with intentions to wear it as a maternity skirt (it has elastic smocking in the back), but by the time I decided to wear it, I was a bit too round to pull it off. But yay for it fitting now (and the elastic is still awesome). Also, POCKETS! I used to LOVE wearing denim skirts as a teenager because of the comfort factor, but they have since fallen out of style. The chambray trend has brought them back in a fun, new way. It's a lot lighter than denim so it flows better but it has the same neutral styling potential and is still really comfy!

I recently took advantage of a 30% off sale at ModCloth and picked up my favorite cardigan in a few more colors. When I bought this one, I was hoping it was going to be a good replacement for my Tilly's mint cardigan that has a hole in it, but unfortunately it's a bit darker. Still a great color though, and I was super pleased when I noticed how well it matched my stripes.

The shoes are another buy from a couple months ago that I could never find anything I was happy matching with them, but again I was thrilled with how well they worked.

Seriously, this outfit was the perfect storm of things I could never find the right styling for, but they fit together so perfectly. I have a feeling I'm going to be pleased with all of the possibilities that will emerge as I'm reorganizing my closet. I will have to get creative with a lot of it to style it on my new shape, but I bet I can come up with some fun stuff in the upcoming months. Stay tuned!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment