Thursday, September 25, 2014

Everyday Style - Zip Up Blouse and Leopard Flats





Outfit Details:
Top: ThredUp (LOFT)
Jeans: JustFab Signature Skinny Multi Zipper
Shoes: b.o.c. (no longer available)

I've been having a blast with my clothes since I've been on terminal leave from the Air Force. It's fun to actually get to choose what I wear every day, and since I own a lot of nice clothes that rarely got worn, it's been exciting coming up with different combinations of dressy casual. Yes, most of the time, I'll pull out the yoga pants or the tee and jeans, but at least once a week, I try to dress it up a bit. My mom calls it my "classy mom on the go" look. I'm hoping to feature at least one casual look a week. We'll see if I can hold myself to that. 

Today I kept it simple. Even if it is a dressier look, it wasn't hard to style: a nice blouse, some jeans, and flats. I threw a statement necklace on for good measure and called it a day. It was perfect for lunch out with the family, but it would also work well on a casual date or a trip to the park now that it's cooling off. 

The blouse is another find from ThredUp (If you haven't read about my obsession, check it out here). I obsessively comb their app looking for fun pieces at super low prices. This one is from LOFT (surprised? I actually have LOFT set as a filter on my app), and I LOVE the zipper on the back. It elevates the styling without me having to do any extra work. I adore little details like zippers and random buttons on clothing. As my sister would say "useless buttons are the best!"

The jeans are JustFab denim. They have zipper detailing on them too but in this case it's covered by the blouse. If you haven't tried JF denim, you should! It's super comfy and stretchy, and ranges in size equivalents from 0 to 22. 

The flats are from b.o.c. (an off-shoot of Born) and are really comfortable. I think everyone should own a pair of leopard ballet flats. They go with way more than you think they do. I truly believe that leopard is a neutral. I'll even link you to a couple of good pairs here, here, and here

If you're interested in signing up for JustFab, use my referral link here and get your first pair 20% off, but be sure to read the terms and conditions as it is a shoe club and you'll need to either purchase each month or log in between the 1st and the 5th to "skip the month". 

If you're interested in signing up for ThredUp, use my referral link here and get $10 off your first order. 

Happy Shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment