Sunday, September 21, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Learning to Love My Arms




(Outfit details have been moved to the bottom of the page!) Happy Sunday! I have a confession to make. I have a love affair with mustard. I love that fall is rolling around so I can wear it all the time. Any time I see it on a rack, I have to investigate that particular piece of clothing, and I usually end up walking out of the store with it (after paying of course). I'm sure I've mentioned my obsession with polka dots too, so you can see why this top appeals to me. 

The one thing about this shirt that I'm not in love with? The sleeves. They have elastic hems so they accentuate my not perfectly toned arms, but my honesty last week has inspired me to continue the trend and to work on loving myself more. So today, I wore the shirt, sans cardigan with my arms out in all their chubby glory. Guess what! Nobody cared. No one jeered or looked away in horror. No one made rude comments. No one shunned me for my less than perfect body. 

It's clear to me that what we perceive to be our "problem areas" are usually not a problem to anyone but ourselves (and if someone else does have a problem with it, they aren't worth your time). So don't be afraid to wear something you love because you're worried it doesn't perfectly conceal your tummy. Don't over layer (and over heat yourself) just to hide your "chubby arms". Don't give up wearing capris or shorts just because you're concerned someone is judging your super white (or scrawny, or scarred, or whatever!) legs. Wear what makes you feel confident, because that confidence is the first thing people will notice. You can pull off more than you think you can. 

Outfit Details:
Top: Cato Fashions
Skirt: ModCloth Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt in Stem Green
Shoes: H&M Ballet Flats



1 comment: