Sunday, September 28, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Dressing Up A Tee


Top: Mossimo Boyfriend V Tee (Target)
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Honey
Skirt: eShakti Pintuck Pleat Chambray Skirt
Shoes: ThredUp (Michael Antonio)

Every closet has it's share of tees in it for good reason. They are comfortable, come in a wide variety of colors, necklines, and fits so everyone can appreciate them. They were a life saver after I had the baby. I practically lived in them. I prefer to stick to nice-ish looking v-necks so I can pair them with yoga pants or dress them up with a skirt. While I do have quite a few colors, I also appreciate a good print every now and then. When I saw this one at Target on clearance, resistance was futile. The first time I wore it, I stuck with jeans and sneakers and it worked out great, but I wanted to have some fun and dress it up a bit.

I absolutely adore this chambray skirt from eShakti and decided it was a good fit with this tee. Chambray is so versatile. It can be dressed up or down, and it's a great neutral. This particular skirt has just the right amount of poof and is a great length, not to mention POCKETS!

The cardigan was a no brainer after I noticed the subtle mustard color in the print. You should know by now how much I love mustard.

I opted to belt outside the cardigan this week to pull in my waistline and counter-balance the poof of the skirt.

The shoes, OH THE SHOES. These were my latest find from ThredUp. When I saw them, I liked them, but the pictures didn't do them justice. I've been looking for flats with fun detailing since I seem to be spending a lot more time in them. The strap on these and the mixed materials (leather and patent) add just the right amount of adorable. The zippers on the back are appreciated for easy on and off. Who has time for buckles?

All in all I think it made for a great dressed up, yet super comfortable outfit.

If you're interested in signing up for ThredUp (seriously, why haven't you yet?) use my link and get $10 off your first purchase.

If you've never shopped at ModCloth before because you're living under a rock, use my link for $15 off $50.

If you've never peeked at eShakti before because you're new around here, well...I don't have a link, but you can send me your email address and I'll send you an invite. You'll get $35 off your first purchase and free customization the first time you do it. They have a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on, so check it out.

Happy Shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment