Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ipsy Review - September 2014


Happy September! I bring you another edition of the Good, the Bad, and the Meh. The theme for ipsy this month is Street Style. The bag is an appropriate studded, silver bag, and the contents, for the most part, fit the theme.

As usual, we'll start with the good.


I was so happy to receive an eyeliner sample in a color other than black. This silver color was fun! It was subtle while still adding some pop to my eyes. It stayed on all day without smudging or transferring to my upper lid. I approve! It was the perfect addition to the "Street Style" theme.


This lip gloss was a bit more dramatic than I usually wear, but it looked pretty good on. It wasn't overly sticky and it went on smooth. Definitely a good product.










Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush (full size)

I'm always a fan of receiving make up brushes in my beauty subscriptions because they are quite useful, and I'm not likely to go out and buy them myself. This one was pretty good. The crease side was good for a precise application on the lids while the shadow side was great for blending (does that sound like I know what I'm doing, 'cause I'm totally winging it).

Onto the bad:


























Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser (sample size)

I was excited to try this product because I may not always know what to do with makeup products but facial cleanser? I'm pretty sure I know how to wash my face. Well this stuff was...awful. Now maybe it's because I'm not used to cream cleansers, but let's just say I had to wash my face with my regular cleanser to get this off. My hands seemed to stick to my face as I was rubbing it in, and it just got worse. I generally prefer my face to feel softer and I don't know, CLEAN after washing. This just made my face feel sticky.


























Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream (sample size)

I saw this and thought "Oh, a LUXURY hand cream. Well that's got to be good!" News flash: if that's what luxury smells like, I'm fine being with the unwashed masses. Seriously. I couldn't wash this off fast enough. It smelled like grass and soap, but not good soap.

Apparently I felt pretty strongly about everything in this bag because there is nothing in the meh category this month. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but it's how it goes.

Overall, the things in the good category definitely made this month worth it. Just the lip gloss and makeup brush alone added up to triple the cost of the bag, so I certainly can't complain, and if there's ever a bag where I love every single thing in it, it'll be a miracle.

If you're interested in signing up for ipsy, use my referral link here. In theory, you would skip the waitlist, but I make no guarantees.

PS. If you're already an ipsy subscriber, be sure to check out the ipsy points page. They've updated the list of redeemable items! They usually go fast so hurry, hurry, hurry!

Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment