Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Everyday Style - Layering a Dress

Dress: eShakti (similar, similar)
Leggings: Old Navy Jersey Leggings
Booties: ThredUp (Aldo, similar, similar)

What's this? A dress in the middle of the week? You can thank Audrey at Putting Me Together for that. I'm doing another style challenge! Fortunately, this one is only a weekly challenge so it's completely doable, yet it gets me out of my yoga pants at least one day a week. The prompt for this week was simply "Wear a Dress". Easy peasy.

I have a ton of dresses and I've always wanted to be one of those girls that wears dresses all the time, but as a stay at home mom (it still feels weird to say that), it just always felt too, well, dressy. For this outfit I took one of my more casual dresses and accessorized the crap out of it. I actually tried a scarf, but after looking at the pictures, it was a bit too overboard with the layers. I also thought about doing knee length boots, but decided to do something a little out of my comfort zone and do scrunched socks with booties. I thought it brought a more casual feel to the outfit which is made it more appropriate for the middle of the week. Who knew? Dresses can be comfy and warm! Well, I guess I already knew that, but it's always nice to be reminded.

If you're interested in joining the style challenge, click the icon below and check out the details!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your smile in the second picture! Go ahead and wear your dresses, even if there's no real 'occasion'! Dresses can be casual, too!

    ReplyDelete