Sunday, January 18, 2015

What I Wore To Church - Yellow Circle Skirt

Top: ThredUp (LC Lauren Conrad, similar, similar)
Shoes: ThredUp (Ann Marino) I looked and failed at finding similar :(

The title of this blog is a little misleading. This is more of a "What I Would've Worn to Church if the Baby Hadn't Had an 'I Need A Nap' Meltdown Right Before Leaving For Church", but clearly that title is WAY too long so we'll leave it as is.

I know it's winter, and with winter usually comes more muted colors, but I really needed some color in my life right now. I had a rough night emotionally last night. Nothing life shattering, just emotional. With my husband being on nights I have a lot of time to myself (after the baby goes to bed) to think and sometimes my thoughts can be a sad place. I don't say this to garner your pity or sympathy, just to show that fashion bloggers are people too. Life is usually pretty great, but occasionally I'll have an off day, and that's ok too.

To combat that, I rustled up this super bright and sunshiny outfit to make me feel better. Did it work? I think so. You can't help but smile while wearing this skirt. Seriously. Not only is it my favorite color, but circle skirts are so much fun to twirl in. I swear I made myself dizzy twirling. The baby thought it was hilarious.

At first I just paired it with just the cardigan but I decided it needed more detail, so I added just the slightest hint of polka dot. I really loved the way it turned out. I just love print mixing! I finished the look off with some cute shoes from ThredUp and called it a day.

Bonus points because it works into this week's style prompt for the #PMTStyleChallenge! Wear a Bright Color!

If you haven't shopped with ThredUp yet, you can use my referral link for $10 off your first purchase. If you haven't checked out ModCloth lately, take a peek over at their latest sale. Quite a few goodies to be found!

Happy Shopping!


3 comments:

  1. This outfit is perfection! I love everything about it, especially the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lindsey! The skirt is so much fun to twirl in!

      Delete
  2. There is just SOMETHING about mustard yellow paired with purples - love it!

    SaraLily
    In a Nutshell...

    ReplyDelete