Sunday, September 22, 2013

What I Wore To Church - Pairing Black With Brown

Who says you can't wear black and brown together? Throw those fashion rules out the window!

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERASANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

heart print
Skirt: eShakti Smocked Heart Print Crepe Skirt (currently on sale!)
Shirt: Express
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Eclair

I found this absolutely adorable heart print skirt at...you guessed it (and probably saw it above), eShakti!  I customized the length to "below knee length" so I had a little bit more flexibility with which part of my waist to wear it on. I absolutely love the smocking in the front. It's stretchy (!) so there's always that bit of breathing room when you need it. The material is so flowy and fluffy and fun! The super cute heart print pattern helps, too! (Can I use any more exclamation points to show you how much I love it?!) Did I mention pockets?

This outfit will work great when it gets cooler, too. I'll just add my mustard cardigan and boots or some non-sandal heels.

I talked about these shoes in a previous post but was so excited to find the perfect outfit to pair these crazy comfortable shoes with. They really pull together the black/brown pairing. eShakti has a BOGO 1/2 off sale going on (ending today) that works on their sale items so don't be shy! Check it out. Did I mention new customers get $30 off when they register? If you've missed my other eshakti posts, find out more about the company here. Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. […] You might have noticed it’s Monday, not Sunday, but as I was in Florida all weekend, I hope you’ll forgive my tardiness. This outfit was great for travelling. It was comfy, cute, and weather appropriate for fall in Florida. None of the items in my outfit are actually available any more, but similar items can be found. I will never get over how cute animal print clothing is (meaning a print containing animals, not like leopard or zebra, although those can be cute too in small doses). It may not be in style for much longer, but I plan on wearing it as long as I want because it’s adorable. This outfit is also another great example of mixing brown with black, which I absolutely love. You can see my other post about that here. […]

    ReplyDelete