Thursday, November 6, 2014

Everyday Style - Style Challenge for November

Everyday Style Thursday is going to be a bit different this month. I've decided to try something new and do an Instagram Style Challenge. What is a Style Challenge, you may ask? Everyday you are given a style prompt, and you style your outfit for that day around the style prompt. It helps the creative styling juices flow and can get you out of a styling rut. There were a couple of different IG users hosting challenges for November, but I decided that the Challenge from Dean Street Society fit in with my existing style pretty well.

So on Thursdays during the month of November, I'm going to be posting my looks from the previous week based on these style prompts. This week is going to be a short one because I didn't get in on it until the 3rd. You can also follow along with me on my Instagram!

Sailor Stripes:
Boots: JustFab Landry
Scarf: Walmart Knit Infinity Scarf

White Night:
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Dots
Boots: JustFab Acheline
Necklace: Walmart

Once Upon a Necklace:
Cardigan: C.Wonder
Boots: JustFab Acheline
Necklace: Zulily 

Menswear Maiden:
Jacket: Maurice's
Jeans: HauteLook (Seven7)
Shoes: Cato Fashions Suede Knotted Flat
Scarf: Versona Accessories 

So far it's been fun trying to come up with something to go with the style prompt, even if it's something small like a necklace or a cardigan. Again, you can follow along day by day on my Instagram (or through the hashtag #StyleMeNovember) or you can just wait until Thursday to see the whole week! Let me know if you want to do the challenge too (it's never too late) and I'll follow you on instagram!

Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment