Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tell Me About - Bluum Baby Box October 2014

As you may know, I have an addiction to subscriptions. It really is a problem, but I like to share the love so this subscription isn't for me. It's for Maggie! I'd been wanting to try a baby box, so when I saw the coupon for half off your first box at Bluum box, I couldn't resist. 

First I'd like to tell you a bit about the company. It's a subscription box ($29/mo) geared towards children from pregnancy to age 5. You personalize your profile based on your child's age, gender, developmental stage, and milestones (eating solids, rolling over, etc.), and they personalize your box. There are 4-6 full size products in each box with at least one for moms. Since it was my first box, the only thing I personalized was the age and gender. It wasn't until later that I saw the option to fill in milestones, which may have helped things.

Now let's talk about the products in the 6 month box for girls. 

Organic Flower "Book", $10.99
I put "book" in quotes because clearly it's not a book. It has fun textures (it crinkles), but overall Maggie wasn't super impressed with it. She may be a bit beyond this kind of simple toy. 
Blankie - Fuchsia Robot, $13
This was a cute addition although, again Maggie doesn't seem to be super impressed with lovies. She gravitates more towards toys with more interesting details and textures, and she prefers to cuddle with a tricot pillowcase. I would hope this would be adjusted if I had filled out the profile with a little more detail. 
Foozlers Pig, $10.95
This one has a rattle in it which is cute but my picky daughter just tosses it to the side in favor of her stacking cups (I'm not trying to say my daughter is advanced or only interested in development educational toys or anything, just stating the facts).
Ella's Kitchen Stage 1 - Pears, Mangoes, & Papayas, $2 each
Since we haven't started on fruits yet, this will have to wait to get used, but it will definitely get used once we get to that point. It was a nice addition.

And for mom:
Luna Protein bars, $2 each
I haven't tried these specific ones yet but I know they taste pretty good. These are great to just toss in your purse for when you're on the go and you don't have time to eat or you need a quick snack.

The total value of the box was $42.94. $13 more than the true cost of the box and significantly more than the $15 I paid for it. 

Clearly it's a great value, but my hang up is that I'm paying for things that Maggie may or may not use. In this case, I only think the food will get used. She doesn't seem to care for the rest. Also, I don't think she or I needed so much pink just because she's a girl. I think my $30 would be better spent on things I know for a fact she'll use or play with. 

However, unlike a lot of subscription boxes, YOU CAN SKIP! That was the difference that kept me from immediately calling and cancelling (it would've had to be immediate since the box came on the 28th. and they would've charged me for the next box on the 1st). I figure I'll keep it for another few months and keep an eye on the boxes before I make the decision to cancel. $30 is a bit much to squeeze in to the budget, but if I do some more research and find it's worth it, I'll keep it around. 

If you'd like to try it out, you can use my link here, and use code HALF OFF for (you guessed it) 50% off your first box. 





2 comments:

  1. When you sign up for it. Does it give you an option to cancel your subscription with a click of a button or do you have to call customer service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says there's a cancel button but I can't seem to find it, so my assumption is you would have to call.

      Delete