Thursday, November 13, 2014

Style Me November - Week 2

Without further ado, I bring you this week's looks from the Style Me November Style Challenge. For more info on the challenge, see my post from last week

A Steal On Sale:
Vest: ThredUp (BB Dakota, similar)
Top: ThredUp (LOFT, similar)
Jeans: JustFab Perfect Jeggings Knit in Burgundy
Shoes: ThredUp (Aldo, similar)

Pretty much everything I buy from ThredUp is a steal on sale, but this BB Dakota vest and these Aldo booties are probably my favorite finds.

Falling for Florals:
Top: H&M
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Navy
Jeans: JustFab Signature Skinny in Dark Medium
Shoes:Vans Authentic 

It was surprisingly tough for me to come up with some florals. This was the only top I had in a floral print. Luckily it was pretty neutral so I could have fun with it.

You may notice that I skipped Polka Dots and Plaids. That's because I had a cranky baby on Sunday and didn't go to skirt so on to Monday.

Queen of Hearts:
Dress: ThredUp (Old Navy, similar)
Top: American Eagle (similar)
Leggings: Old Navy Women's Jersey Leggings
Shoes: ThredUp (Aldo, similar)

I only had one heart print item, and I tried styling it a couple of different ways. This is what I settled on and even though it wasn't at all my usual style, it ended up being one of my favorite looks of the week.

Something Shimmers:
Earrings: Avenue

I spent the day out of town shopping with my mom so I didn't get any full body shots. Since the prompt just applied to my earrings, this is all you get. My apologies.

Sealed with a Kiss:
Vest: LOFT Polka Dot Quilted Puffer Vest
Top: ThredUp (LOFT, similar)
Jeans: JustFab Signature Skinny in Dark Medium
Boots: JustFab Acheline

While shopping I found this supa cute polka dot vest at LOFT. I couldn't wait to style it so I was happy to see the prompt was "sealed with a kiss". I threw on some lipstick and called it a day.

School Girl Prep:

Top: LOFT (similar)
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Red
Jeans: HauteLook (Seven7)
Shoes: HauteLook (Keds, exact)

This was one of my most nerve wracking looks of the week. I haven't curled my hair since I was probably 12, but after watching One Little Momma's tutorial this morning, I thought I'd try it. It needs some work but I'm ok with how it turned out. Also I decided to channel my inner Taylor Swift with the red lip and the red keds. I've never done a red lip ever so that also made me nervous but I kinda love it!

So that's the week. I have to say, this has to be the most fun thing I've done style wise. It makes me get dressed (almost) every day, and it forces me to get creative. It's definitely worth it if you have the ability to do it.

If you want to follow along on instagram, you can follow me here!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment