Sunday, November 16, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Shawl Collar Dress

 
Dress: eShakti Shawl Collar Trapunto Trim Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Navy
Shoes: B.O.C. (similar)

First off, please excuse the crazy hair. It was super blustery out there today, and I couldn't get it to sit still. Second, I feel like I should be honest. I wasn't crazy about this outfit. I didn't try it on last night (my biggest mistake) then my alarm didn't go off this morning so I was rushed to pull it together. I tried on 3 different cardigans before settling on this one. I thought it was a pretty lazy combination so I wasn't totally thrilled with it. Also, I'm pretty sure I tried on every pair of shoes I have at my mom's house and couldn't find one I loved, so I settled on these, because yes, leopard is a neutral. To top it off my hair and makeup wasn't cooperating so I ended up walking out of the house in a sour mood. Not generally a good way to start church.

After looking at the pictures it wasn't as bad as I originally thought, but it's still not my favorite. I'll have to try to style this dress again in the future to redeem myself.

If all goes better this week, my post on Tuesday should be about how to customize a dress with eShakti, since this dress is custom measurements. It's the first time in a while that I've done custom measurements, and I tend to get a lot of questions about the best way to measure. Now that it's fresh in my mind, I'll write it up for the future.

Until then, I hope you have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment