Sunday, January 26, 2014

What I Wore To Church - Floral Yoke Dress


Dress: eShakti Floral Yoke Poplin Dress
Cardigan: ModCloth Charter School Cardigan in Sage
Shoes: Iron Fist Filthy Landlubber T-Bar

I'm definitely enjoying the fact that I can make my eShakti dresses work for me during pregnancy. I fell in love with this dress on the website because of the faux sweetheart neckline as well as the beautiful embroidery on the yoke. It felt very "hippy" while at the same time slightly nautical (which you know I love). It has elastic on the back, so even though the waistline was slightly lower than you would expect for a maternity dress, it still was easy to zip up and quite comfortable without any customizing. I made sure to keep the accessories simple so as not to overwhelm the detailing on the yoke.

I've talked about the cardigan before. It's definitely my favorite cardigan from ModCloth. I picked up a few more colors when they were on sale last week. I suspect you may be seeing at least one of them next week.

The shoes have been in my closet for over a year and this is the first time I wore them. Shocking, right? They are so much fun, but this is the first time I was confident in pairing them with an outfit. That's one of the problems with shoes that are so busy. They can be hard to find something to "match". I put "match" in quotation marks because as you can tell, they don't have to match perfectly to look good. Most of the colors in the shoes don't match the colors in the dress, but the dominant colors (navy and brown) do.

This outfit came together fairly easily. One thing I love about eShakti is that a lot of their dresses can be worn on their own with no additional styling and look great, or you can have fun with accessories and take the look in a different direction that is just as cute, if not cuter. eShakti is still doing their Buy 2 Get 1 Free or Buy 1 and get 25% off sale so you should check it out. They get new arrivals almost daily.

Happy Shopping!
blog-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment