Sunday, January 19, 2014

What I Wore to Church - Having Fun With the Nautical Trend


Skirt: eShakti Colorblock Stripe Poplin Skirt
Shirt: Old Navy Maternity Rib Knit Tank
Cardigan: Target (old)
Shoes: ShoeDazzle Sailor (old)
Jewelry: Monica's Fantabulous Fashions

I am a huge fan of the nautical trend and wanted to have some fun with it this week. Who doesn't want to feel like a sailor from time to time? Yes, I'm aware sailors don't actually dress like this, but I love it all the same.

The skirt is from...I'll give you one guess. Yes, it's definitely from eShakti. I love the stripe detailing at the bottom and the pleating. It's quite the full skirt which makes it fun for twirling, as well as giving lots of room for the belly. There's smocking on the back (oh, how I love smocking these days) so there's plenty of breathing room, and it was easy to zip. Definitely loving that I can wear it now, and should be able to continue wearing it post baby, but maybe on my natural waist instead of high-waisted.

I had to incorporate polka dots some how. Partly because they fit in with the nautical theme, but also because I love them. This tank top was a great find from the maternity section at old navy.

The red accessories were a must to tie the trend together. As I've mentioned before skinny belts are a pregnant woman's friend. They help better distinguish between the end of the belly and the bust-line. The jewelry was another great find from my friend Mon's online boutique. I told her I was looking for red statement jewelry. She gave me quite a few options, and this was the set I decided on. She's like having your own affordable personal accessories stylist. I love her to death. You can find my previous post about her business here.

Hope nobody passed out at the sight of me in flats. It's a rare occasion, but in this case, they just matched my outfit better than anything I had in heels. They were from ShoeDazzle a couple years ago, but I think a pair of red flats is a must for most people, and lucky for you, they are fairly easy to find, like these ones from Target.

I really had a lot of fun putting this outfit together. Once I get an idea in my head for a direction I want to go, I will not stop until I put the perfect outfit together. I couldn't wait to try this one out, and I think it turned out successful. I'm not a fan of the "standard" maternity fashions, but it's kind of been fun to come up with my own.

eShakti is doing another Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, but if you only want one item, it rings up at 25% off. Definitely worth a look see.

If you're interested in checking out ShoeDazzle, use my referral link. They are a shoe club similar to JustFab so make sure to read the terms and conditions.

Happy Shopping!

blog-signature

No comments:

Post a Comment