Thursday, October 9, 2014

Everyday Style - Military Styling

Vest: Old Navy Canvas Utility Vest (no longer available, similar, similar)
Pants: H&M Slim Fit Pants
Shoes: ShoeDazzle (no longer available, similar, similar)

You can take the girl out of the military but you can't take the military out of the girl. Military styling is huge this fall which pleases me greatly. I'm absolutely obsessed with the color olive right now. I've already collected this vest from Old Navy (thanks to my sister for the birthday present!), a cargo jacket, a cardigan, and I'm on the hunt for some pants and a scarf. 

I bought the shoes last year on super clearance at ShoeDazzle. I really debated buying them because at the time I thought, "I wear camo 5 days a week. Why wear it on my off days?" But I'm SO glad I did. Not only are they some of the most comfortable flats I own, but camo is big this fall, and I find myself missing the camo now that I don't wear it daily. It's a win/win. 

One tip for styling the typically bulkier jackets and vests that are big right now: The rest of your outfit should be form fitting to counter balance and maintain that femininity. It may be common knowledge to most, but some of us are slow learners. 

Hopefully you can find some good military pieces for this fall if you don't already have them in your closet. 

Happy Shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment