Sunday, October 26, 2014

What I Wore to Church - Happy Halloween!

Cardigan: ThredUp (Mak)
Skirt: ModCloth Breathtaking Tiger Lilies Skirt in Orange
Tights: Walmart
Shoes: ThredUp (Mojo Moxy)

Yes, I know Halloween isn't until Friday, but I didn't want to wait until next week to do my Halloween outfit. 

Originally I was going to turn my Breathtaking Tiger Lilies skirt into a jack-o-lantern, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wasn't going to work. So I opted for some simple poodle skirt styling and affixed a felt bat to the skirt instead. My husband kindly drew me the silhouette since he's the artist in the family, and I cut it out of the felt with my mad scissor skills (no really, it took me like 15 min to cut out), and attached it with double stick tape and safety pins. I'm pretty happy with the result. It's an outfit in the spirit of Halloween without going in full-on costume.

I nabbed this adorable cardigan from ThredUp. I was so excited that it fit. It's the same brand as the Charter School Cardigans (Mak), so I figured it would be good quality, and it is! The embroidery on the peter pan collar is gorgeous!  

When I put the tights on this morning, I asked my husband if they worked with the outfit. He said, "you look like you should be burned at the stake." My response: "perfect!" I got them in the clearance bin at Walmart for $4. You shouldn't let me wander around that store. I just went in for Squirt soda and I came out with 4 infinity scarves, 2 pairs of tights, and 3 pairs of boot socks. It's pretty handy for cheap accessories. 

The shoes I've discussed before. Another fantastic find from ThredUp!

If you're interested in signing up for ThredUp (it's SO worth it!) use my link and get $10 off your first order.

If you haven't purchased from ModCloth before, use my link and get $15 off $50.

Happy Shopping and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment