Thursday, October 2, 2014

Everyday Style - Making Darks Pop

Top: ModCloth Roll Model Top (no longer available)
Jeans: HauteLook (Seven7)
Shoes: ThredUp (Yosi Samra)
Necklace: Monica's Fantabulous Fashions

As the weather starts cooling off (sort of) and days become shorter, it's natural to start moving towards darker colors. I can see the appeal. Darker colors are slimming, and they are easy to match. They are also attractive to people that want to look put together, but not draw too much attention. If you're like me and don't really want to blend in, you can still wear darks and make them pop. Accessories are your friend!

I chose to pair this simple yet classy ModCloth charcoal top with a statement necklace and corresponding flats. You could also switch out the necklace with a scarf for a more layered look, or switch out the flats with heels for a dressier one. 

Now, I'm going to take a sec to gush about these flats! They are another ThredUp find (are you surprised?). I bought a pair of Yosi Samra fold up flats on ShoeMint and fell in love. They are the most comfortable flats I've ever put on my feet, but the price was a bit much for me. I was ecstatic to find this red pair on ThredUp for $15. That's a price I can handle! 

If you haven't signed up for ThredUp yet, use my link and get $10 off your first purchase!

If you're looking for a great place to find statement jewelry, check my friend Mon's Facebook store out. If you'd like to find out more, you can read my post about it here

If you don't know what HauteLook is, you can read my post about it here or use my link to sign up here!

And again, if you've never shopped with ModCloth, use my link here for $15 off $50.

Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment