Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tell Me About - ModCloth Stylish Surprise


It's Tell Me About...Tuesday! And yes, I'm going to be talking about another ModCloth phenomenon. Don't worry, not every TMAT is going to be about ModCloth. It just so happens that something exciting happened in the ModCloth world this past week.

A few times a year, ModCloth offers what they call their "Stylish Surprise". You select a category and size, and they send you a SURPRISE, and you know me. I love surprises. I've seen it offered in a couple of different options and prices. This most recent time, they had shoes for $10, dresses for $10, and apparel for $10. I heard mention of an accessories category as well but I never saw it. I would've done apparel since it's more likely that separates would fit me than dresses but they sold out in my size before I could get to it. What I decided on instead was 3 dresses and 2 shoes (to total $50 and get free shipping. I'm a sucker for free shipping). The results are below.

The Windy City Dress in Coral. Originally sold for $64.99. I was most excited about this dress. I'd seen it on ModCloth's site and almost ordered it a few times. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to zip so it's in my swap pile.
The Elite the Way Dress. Originally sold for $99.99. This dress was super cute, but again did not fit. I loved that it had a tulle underskirt. I was able to swap this through the #stylishswap tag on Instagram for a super cute green skirt. Sidenote: If you'd like to follow me on IG, you can here!
The Ink Positively Dress in Purple. Originally sold for $74.99. This dress did fit, but I was not a fan of the print, it was baggy in the bust which was unattractive, and I didn't like that the print on the bust didn't line up. It looked sloppy.
The Cottage Wedding Wedge. Originally sold for $89.99. They are cute, but not quite my style. I'm hoping to swap them for something that I'll actually wear.
The Kensington Markedness Bootie in Tan. Originally sold for $74.99. I loved the look of these when I pulled them out of the box, but after trying them on, I decided they made my feet look long and narrow. Not a look I strive for, so I sold them to a friend. 

If you were keeping track of that total, my $50 got me $404.95 worth of merchandise. While it may appear that I was 0 for 5 on things I like/fit, I'm hopeful that I'll get some good trades out of it. I've recently been introduced to the world of swap groups, and I can already see it's going to be fun. 

And if you were wondering, I still plan on participating in the Stylish Surprise the next time it swings around. It's quite the adrenaline rush since they usually sell out in less than an hour.

If you've never shopped with ModCloth before, use my link here and get $15 off $50.

Happy Shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment